Thursday, October 30, 2008

Come Home....

OK.... after 17 1/2 years I am still in love with my hubby! He has been out of town too many days the last 2 weeks and will be gone again for a few days next week! I just don't handle life well without him... nothing is as good. I don't eat very well, mac & cheese or soup for the girls gets dinner done. I don't sleep at all!!!! Problems seem to overwhelm me easier and get under my skin faster... life isn't even as funny without him laughing too! I'm not needy as far as taking out the trash, or taking care of the house things that he does when he's home... I'm pretty self sufficient when it comes to that... It's more of the best Friend, relationship, talk about your day, get things off your chest, have a good laugh at something that happened or blow steam if you want. He balances me... grounds me... drives me crazy sometimes because he tries to 'fix' stuff for me, but I know he cares and listens. His love in unconditional, and I know he'll never leave me!!! It's just amazing how much I have grown to need him every day!!



Which got me thinking... do I yearn for the Lord in this deep way when I miss a few days of my quiet time? Do I miss the relationship, the support, the unconditional love I receive when I'm upset , or mess up and need to tell someone... is that void yelling out at me all hours of the day and night...? I have to be honest and say "no" it doesn't always make me sick to go another day without Him... wow... how convicting... I think I need to work on my eternal "marriage". Oh to have that heartache when I have been gone from His presence... I think I need to come home!

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Hi Alethia!
Not sure if you remember me, but I remember you from the days of old! I pray things are well with you. Michelle Jones let me know (via email) that she'd joined bloggy land...that's where I saw your blog.

Bountiful Blessings!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Hey girl. I also blog. http://www.kenandcheri.blogspot.com

I'll add you to my list and keep up.

natalie said...

so i LOVE your post, REALLY makes you think..i miss you and i was remembering the other day when you dressed up as Reeses Pieces :) But it was Reece's Peace is Jesus :) i love you and miss you like crazy!!