Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Just not getting it....

"Hello... my name is Alethia, and I'm a recovering 'old noggin'!"

I so wish there was a 12 step program for me... I want to be able to point and click... whether that's email, facebook, blogger, cell phone, or just a camera....(please.... I miss film!!!!) Some of us just don't get it!!! OK maybe it is just me... but I really need help.


I thought if I ventured out into the computer world I could figure some of this out.... I did manage a facebook... although I have an entire page of "invites" that I have NO IDEA what to do with... I mean, do I actually get that cute purse that someone sent me, or is it just to be cruel? So, I went on to get a blogger... anyone out there that can tell me how to get the music to play on MY page? I signed up... but I have no idea where to go from there... of course that was last week and I have no clue how to even get back to that site... whatever!


So, that's OK... I'm doing alright... I don't need serious intervention yet... right? Well.... yesterday I decided to take my digital camera (which I got for Christmas last year) into Walgreen's to get pictures off my "card." (isn't that what you send people when they're sick?) Anyway, after having 2 workers over the age of 60, laugh at me, mock me, and basically call me a complete imbecile... (I can't imagine why??? I only crashed their little machine twice trying to develop over 700 pictures... maybe I was a little intimidated at the whole process... gee after all that abuse, I wonder what I was afraid of?) ...I decided maybe I was hopeless.... I had hit rock bottom... surely there was a program, one that didn't cause shame and denial... is there such a place? Then I hit me... if I could just hang on... just make it a little longer... there is relief coming... in 1 year and 3 months... I'll have a teenager!!! I think for the first time, I actually can't wait! :)

2 comments:

natalie said...

my mom has the same ones :) and i would help if i was there..

c&v said...

Hey....you are doing great. There is always more to 'figure out' with computers. I like reading your blog and I dont expect music to read by:)

Have a great week~