
So today was the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade Geography Bee at our school. McKenzie really studied hard for it. In fact a couple of days ago she nervously announced while studying, "I don't know why I signed up for this... I should stick with the spelling bee!" I, (being the one who rarely ever studied for what I HAD to study for, much less extra study for no real reason,) said to her, "oh, please honey, just don't fret over it.... you'll just get up miss the 1st question and sit down, it's no big deal!!!" thinking the 1st question is the ONE you just didn't know and all the rest you did, what a waste of time to even study... (this, of course, is why my children will need therapy, and why I'm already saving for it!! lol) Well, she not only was so nervous when she got on stage I almost got sick.... but then she kept getting the answers right and advancing to each additional round.... the better she did the more stunned I was! I know she's smart... but I had no idea where these unbelievably difficult answers came from. She took 1st place! The cheers from her friends and her very proud mom and sister left her speechless and all smiles! I am so proud of her and she not only deserves it, but I will never doubt again! :)
Great Job my Sweet McKenzie!
--------------------------------She loves her "trophy"!!!!----------------------
6 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS KENZ!!! that is SO amazing!
WOOOOOHOOOOO congrats McKenzie-we are soooo proud of you. Great job!!!
WOW! I am impressed! Congrats!!!!
Wonderful job, McKenzie!!! You are a very smart and very pretty little girl ;-) You remind me of your sweet Mama...
Miss Michelle
<><
um, time to blog again!
I DID-that's who knew-months and months and months ago I knew about this post...where are the Chrsitmas, New Years, Valentine, End of School or Summer blogs-Oh where oh where has Alethia gone--oh where oh where could she be????? She's addicted to facebook and she never blogs Oh where oh where could she be.
Post a Comment